Department of Dance Film and Digital Media Fund Application for Faculty Only
This funding and application is only for Department of Dance faculty at this time. Full-time, adjunct, and visiting faculty are welcome to apply.
Proposal Letter of Intent
*Please include contact information.
- What is your project idea? (The content of student proposals must be guided by the Aims of a BYU Education and the values of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.)
- Provide a short synopsis or treatment of your project idea.
- How will rendering your project idea in a cinematic form enhance and enrich its meaning and impact? What insights to cinematic possibilities does it offer? Why not write about it rather than make a film?
- Considering your role at BYU, how will this project impact your research and/or studies or the academic mission of the proposing unit? (Student applicants should address how this experience will facilitate their course of study and graduation plan.)
- What other existing projects have you seen that are similar to the project idea that you are proposing? What cinematic elements do they employ?
- Who do you see as its primary audience? How do you intend to reach it? How will it be distributed?
- How will this project provide valuable experience for students? How will this proposal facilitate a collaborative student-faculty, team-mentored environment with professional expectations? If so, how? If not, why? (Student proposals should demonstrate wherever possible collaborative, inter- and intra-departmental participation.)
- What is your intended schedule for the project’s production?
- Explain your ability and commitment to seeing the project through.