Contemporary Dance Costumes
Costume Coordinator: Dawn Maughan
The BYU Contemporary Dance Costume Policy is in place for directors, faculty, and dance students who are affiliated with BYU and are interested in renting/using BYU costumes.
All BYU’s contemporary costumes are coordinated, inventoried and monitored by a single costume coordinator. The costume coordinator is not responsible for transferring or laundering of costumes.
If the costumes you are interested in happen to be part of a set that were designed to be used for a faculty work, the costume coordinator will contact the faculty member for permission to use the costumes. The faculty member may or may not allow the costumes to be used for other purposes.
PLACE RETURNED COSTUMES ON THE RETURN RACK ONLY (located on the North wall above the table.)
When returning costumes please remember to Email: Dawn.Maughan@byu.edu
DO NOT REMOVE ANY COSTUMES WITHOUT PERMISSION.
***NOTE: The individuals who checkout the costumes are responsible for laundering and transporting costumes.***
1. Artistic directors and students are not allowed to pull costumes without prior notification.
2. It is highly recommended that the artistic directors choose company members to assist with costumes.
3. Please contact the costume coordinator via email or text to schedule times to pull costumes, meet with class, and supervise in-class fittings.
4. CDT has first priority with the off-campus costume inventory; however, all costumes in the on-campus inventory are available for use on a first come first served basis.
5. If directors/choreographers decide not use a costume that is checked out, please place the item(s) on the return rack and email/text the Costume Coordinator.
6. The DE & Kinnect artistic directors are responsible for the laundering of costumes used by their students. Costumes are to be stored in company closets and are not allowed to go home with students.
Directors, once all costumes are laundered, please contact the costume coordinator and she will meet with you to return and inventory costumes. If there are any new costumes to be added to the inventory please let her know and inform her on the replacement cost.
- When the costume coordinator receives this request form, the costumes will be checked for availability and pulled. You will then be notified of the costume availability and schedule a time to meet with the coordinator. After this point, the items are checked out to you and you may use them as needed.
- Costumes pulled for dancEnsemble or Kinnect will be stored in their assigned closets and do not go home with students.
- If these costumes do not work or you would prefer another costume please contact the costume coordinator and we can schedule another meeting.
- If costumes are being used by a BYU dance student for a non-BYU affiliated performance a $5.00 cash deposit per costume is due before costumes are released. The deposit will be returned when costumes are returned. Student's signature card information will also be collected at the time of rental. Should the student neglect to return costumes the deposit will be applied to the costume's replacement fee and the remaining fee will be charged to the student's account.
- Costumes are to be properly laundered and returned in a timely manner.
- Please allow 2-3 days to process requests.
- Do not remove costumes from inventory.