For their 2nd week in Nauvoo the Ballroom Dance Company:
- performed 6 evening shows (5 on the outdoor stage; 1 inside due to rain)
- gave 2 daytime outreach presentations in Ft. Madison, IA and Carthage, IL
- offered service labor in 2 communities, cleaning store windows, sidewalks, removing weeds, and planting flowers in 18 large pots afterward located around the city’s central park
- enjoyed the culture of Old Nauvoo through visits to historic homes, pulling handcarts, and watching musical productions
- toured historic Carthage jail and the nearby Kibbe Museum
- gave a full 90-minute matinee in Cedar Rapids, IA as a benefit for the Eastern Iowa Honor Flight organization
- elebrated the blessing of having only 2 performances inside forced by weather, despite almost daily thunderstorms
Friday’s performance was drenched just as it was to begin; but a short delay to dry off was followed by the full presentation, given to a very enthusiastic, patient audience.
As the dancers returned home, they counted themselves greatly benefited by this visit to Illinois and Iowa, and hoped equally that their efforts supported and uplifted others.