Brigham Young University Conferences and Workshops and the Dance Department are offering various dance camps and workshops this summer. BYU dance faculty members and world-renowned guest instructors will direct and teach the programs.
Registration and additional information is available atce.byu.edu/cw/dancecamps. The BYU Dance Department is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Dance.
The dance camps and workshops include
- International Folk Dance Camp: Offered June 17-19, boys and girls ages 9-18 can participate, teaches all skill levels. Jeanette Geslison and Becki Love are the directors.
- Cougar Clogging Classic Camp: Offered June 20-22, boys and girls ages 9-18 and instructors age 16 and older can participate, teaches intermediate and advanced levels. Ed and Vickie Austin are the directors.
- Modern Dance and Jazz Workshop: Offered June 24-July 3, boys and girls ages 11-18 can participate, teaches beginning through advanced levels. Kathleen Sheffield is the director.
- Ballet Intensive Workshops: The intermediate-intensive class will be taught July 8-19 and the advanced-intensive class will be taught July 22-Aug. 2, students ages 11-18 can participate. Suzi Wood is the director.
- Dance Medley Camp: Offered July 10–12, boys and girls ages 11-18 can participate, teaches beginning and intermediate levels.Marilyn Berrett is the director.
- Adult Ballroom Dance Camp: Offered July 29-Aug. 2, teaches beginning through advanced levels. Lee and Linda Wakefield are the directors.
- Youth Ballroom Dance Camp: Offered Aug. 5-8, boys and girls ages 10-18 can participate, teaches beginning through advanced levels. Marci Edgington and Claudia Hill are the directors.
- Youth Dancesport Teams: The 2013-2014 team auditions will be Saturday, May 4. Sharon Holman is the director.
For more information, contact Laurel Hornberger, (801) 422-4854, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: BYU News